Contact Us paul 2017-05-16T21:52:07+00:00
You are not logged in.
SAF Core Values
- Forests are a fundamental source of global health and human welfare.
- Forests must be sustained through simultaneously meeting environmental, economic, and community aspirations and needs.
- Forest resource professionals are dedicated to sound forest management and conservation.
- Forest resource professionals serve landowners and society by providing sound knowledge and professional management skills.
- Forest resource professionals believe the scientific process, continuing research, and coordination with community traditions and knowledge lead to best land management decisions and sustainability of our forests.
The Society of American Foresters is for:
- Thriving forests
- Essential resources
- A strong community
Practicing sustainable forestry works to:
- Protect water quality
- Increase water yield
- Promote forest health
- Restore damaged forest ecosystems
- Promote wildlife through the creation of habitat
- Yield renewable forest products