By vote of the Division Executive Committee on September 1, 2017, the following amendments to the Division by-laws were recommended for a “yes” vote by the membership. That vote took place as part of the normal election held in October of 2017. All eligible voting members were notified, in accordance with the procedures established under the by-laws then in effect. A 2/3 supermajority of those voting were necessary to amend the by-laws. The by-laws were amended, based on a positive vote of 40 approving to 1 disapproving.
The Microsoft Word files below provide an article-by-article description of the amendments and their effects.
- Article 1: Name and Objectives
- Article 2: Activities Limited to Exempt Purposes
- Article 3: Membership
- Article 4: Dues
- Article 5: Officers
- Article 6: Duties and Responsibilities
- Article 7: Elections
- Article 8: Advisory Committees
- Article 9: Meetings of the Membership
- Article 10: Amendments of Bylaws
- Article 11: Assets
- Article 12: Chapters
- Article 13: Division Position Statements
- Article 14: Recall